Rangatira Park, Taupo
Thank you for visiting my fundraising page.
Instead of a breakfast however, I have decided to have a Poker Run. This year it will even bigger and better than the previous one a couple of years back.
WHAT IS A POKER RUN YOU ASK ..... A poker run is an organised event where participants must visit five checkpoints, drawing a playing card at each one. The object is to have the best poker hand at the end of the run. Having the best hand and winning is purely a matter of chance and no previous gambling or poker playing experience is necessary or advantageous. It is not a race.
- Meet at the Big Bike on Poihipi Road from 12 noon to register and buy your hand. I hope to get started around 1pm.
- Each hand will cost $20. There is no limit to how many hands you purchase.
- The winning hand is worth $100.00
- Ensure you have enough fuel to travel approx 100km.
- The event will finish at the Pub n Grub where there will be raffles and spot prizes.
- There will be goodies to purchase along the way so make sure you have some extra cash.
- If you are not happy with your poker hand once finished, you can purchase an additional card for $5.00. There is a limit of how many extra cards you can purchase.
- Make up a car load and pick a designated driver so the rest of you can have some fun along the way.
Breast cancer can touch any of us at any time. The money raised will be used to fund research projects and medical grants to help improve survivorship as well as support patients and their families during treatment and recovery. Join in and help make zero deaths from breast cancer a reality.